The different steps you have to carry out in order to join the Tusoco Network are the following:
- You send a letter applying for evaluation of pre-membership to the Tusoco Network. That letter should be signed and sealed by the leaders or managers of your tourist organization or community.
- A field evaluation is undertaken by a technician and by a Tusoco Network Board member in order to get acquainted with the tourism Project and verify if the tourism organization meets the solidarity-approaching community-based tourism criteria.
- The Tusoco Network sends the evaluation visit report to the tourism organization. In case that the outcome is negative, the report explains the reasons why and measures are suggested in order to meet the requirements. In the future that same tourism organization may apply again for membership to the Tusoco Network.
- In case that the outcome is positive, the tourism organization gets a pre-membership that allows it to attend the activities organized by the Tusoco Network. This condition can last for up to six months.
- The representatives of the tourism organization that got a pre-membership are invited to the Tusoco Network General Meeting, and the Associates to the Network vote as to the acceptance of the new member. Starting from then the new tourism organization Project gets in full possession of the rights and duties proposed by Tusoco Network’s internal standards.
- After getting a member, the Project becomes integrated into the Network, through the payment of a 400 Bolivianos admission fee.
- Every year, in order to continue as a member of the Tusoco Network, you have to pay a 750 Bolivianos yearly membership fee.